Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Original Sin by S. Fowler Wright

Short Story by S. Fowler Wright.

Excerpt:
I am XP4378882. I write this with a pen, on sheets of paper in the old way, instead of speaking it into a recorder, because I want it to have a chance of survival, even though a time should come when no more of those instruments can be made or preserved; and because it is a very private thing. If this should be seen by one who could read its words, my death would be nearer even than are those of the men and women among whom I move.
I am writing on the 28th day of September, 2838, being nineteen years of age yesterday, and my friend Stella being two minutes younger than I.

http://www.epubbookstory.com/product/original-sin-by-s-fowler-wright/

1 comment:

  1. The image of a revitalising escape from sterile civilisation to wilderness was hardly new, but it was one which was to retain its fascination throughout the century.

    ReplyDelete